Wednesday, December 17, 2008

6 miles woohoo!

Thanks for the comments everyone. I know I probably over think things from time to time, but I know that I need to do that every once in a while to get my butt in gear. So after taking the step to just write everything down yesterday I decided to plug all my foods in and find out what my calorie consumption was yesterday. I'd never looked at the nutrition value on the pizza before and now I feel sick. There have been days that I've polished off a frozen pizza by myself! Ewww! That's 1200 calories right there (for the whole pizza)! Yuck!

Yesterday's calorie total: 2073

Anyway, my first mini-food goal is to just incorporate more veggies into my day. I won't change much to start with, mainly because I know I will need to go back and look at how crappy I've been eating a few weeks from now when I get sick of counting calories. Hopefully a 'old me' typical day (like yesterday's) will be enough to keep me monitoring what I put in my mouth while working towards a 'healthy me'.

TODAY:

Breakfast:
Peanut Butter Crunch - 342 calories (time to see if there are any healthy cereals in my cupboard)
Milk - 244 calories
Banana - 109 calories

Lunch:
Shrimp with broccoli and peas over linguini pasta in a cream alfredo sauce - 260 calories

Snack:
Chocolate cake - 270 calories [I asked myself if it was worth burning off 400 calories and then going 2 more miles on my elliptical for it. I decided that it was.]
4 celery stalks - 41 calories

Calorie Total: 1,265

Exercise: 6 miles in 65 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Reposting comment from SuperStar from diet site that is soon to close:
    Nata....Thank you for posting! I had a hard time reading it because I can relate. It helped me tremendously and must have taken a great deal of courage to share your struggles. I appreciate how hard it is to change, because for me it means changing everything in my life and that takes time. You can't make all the right decisions at once and if you try, it's easy to get overwhelmed and give up. It is a process. So take it one day at a time (or one hour at a time). You're doing a great job and have inspired me to do better. So thank you and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete