Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Big, Fun, Scary List for 2011

  • Reach my goal weight of 145 lbs before 2012.
  • Find and purchase a house (and move in).
  • Finish my TaunTaun & Hoth costume.
  • Finish my Organization 13 cloak (and hubby’s).
  • Learn how to embroider and start embroidering either Zelda’s cloak or her dress.
  • Finish my novel then edit away in order to submit for publishing before 2012.
  • Become proficient* at 10 new songs on my bamboo flute.
  • Become proficient* at 5 new songs on my ocarina.
  • Become proficient* at 5 new songs on my guitar.
  • Learn how to draw basic figures (human & beast) - tackling a different part of the body each month (hands, feet, eyes, mouth, arms, legs, tails, torso, hoofs, paws, teeth, ears).
  • Learn Japanese. My score on the Transparent Language Japanese Proficiency Test was 31% and consisted of all guessing. My goal will be to achieve at least a 50% score by the year end.(http://www.transparent.com/learn-japanese/proficiency-test.Html) I also have a Japanese short story book. My goal is to read and comprehend at least one story by the end of the year.
  • Maintain my blog weekly.
  • Write 1000+ words daily.
  • Crochet 2 baby blankets and the rest of my Star Wars amigurumi.
  • Finish knitting my slippers.
  • Get my Mom’s puzzle ornament website up and running.
  • Conquer my misplaced fear of the scroll saw by helping her cut out ornaments.
  • Clock 17 miles a week (walking, running, biking, elliptical, etc…).
  • Finish my third Half-Marathon.
  • Start learning Martial Arts.
  • Win my second NaNo in November.
  • Take my buddy up on getting Fencing lessons (Note to self: wear gloves so the last sword incident doesn’t repeat itself)
  • Read at least 50 books this year.

Wow. My list is long. *adds in bit about not getting overwhelmed* If I achieve 1/3 of this list I will consider it a fantastic year, because most of these things have been on the want to do list for years and I just haven't done them. *raises glass* Here's to an awesome 2011! This list will probably get added to as I remember new goals I'd like to accomplish (or old ones I forgot about).


* means that I would be willing to perform the song in front of others and have (if I can’t find a willing audience there is always YouTube).

No comments:

Post a Comment