Tuesday, January 19, 2010

19 day streak!

19 day streak! *dances* I'm still not pulling big numbers - sorry! But I am very proud that I am pulling consistent numbers .9lb loss again this week. My body might be telling me that it isn't going to give me any more than slow and steady. However, if I can keep up at least a .9 lb loss each week this year, by the end of the year I will be 46.8 lbs lighter and that much closer to Onederland. This week I will fiddle around more with my diet to see what else I can change, because I'd really like to average 1 to 2 pounds a week (though I will happily accept higher loss weeks too). I am very happy with my workout plan. I get in 4 strength training workouts a week and 4 cardio/aerobic workouts a week (Tuesday being the day I do both a strength training workout and a 2 hour elliptical workout [while watching the show] in). I have found that I feel best on days that I do my workout early and it's usually only on days that I wait until evening to work out that I feel sore. So I am definitely enjoying my workouts.

Weekly workout schedule:
Sunday - 30 min cardio/aerobic
Monday - 30 min EA Active 6 Week Challenge Workout
Tuesday - 30 min EA Active 6 Week Challenge Workout
2 hour elliptical workout while watching BL
Wednesday - 30 min cardio/aerobic workout
Thursday - 30 min EA Active 6 Week Challenge Workout
Friday - 30 min EA Active 6 Week Challenge Workout
Saturday - 30 min cardio/aerobic workout

*cardio/aerobic workouts usually consist of one or more of the following: Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim DVDs, elliptical, aerobic step workout, flag practice, walking, swimming
*EA Active 6 Week Challenge is mainly strength training with the use of a resistance band with cardio interspersed

I got a call from a friend yesterday inviting me to join a walk/jog/running group that meets on Sunday afternoons and since this winter has been unusually mild, I think I may just join in. Gotta get my 800 miles in for the year

So yeah, that's my update in a nutshell. I'm happy with my progress and hoping that I can bump it up a notch or two

No comments:

Post a Comment