Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thanks everyone! Knowing that you read and find some encouragement/inspiration is also encouragement for me Means I don't want to let any of you down

As for the 7 miles - I figure I need to at least do that each Tuesday during the nice two hour chunk of show, so that when my 2nd half-marathon rolls around in October it won't kill my feet as badly as the first one (although, I do suspect that was more due to my shoes than the 13 miles).

So my highlight of the day was having my father tell me that he did 2 miles this morning! And finding out that he told my siblings that he needs to be more like me in regards to workouts. I am so happy that I am getting healthy and it makes me even happier to know that he is starting the steps too. I really hope he keeps it up because it will help him better manage his sleep apnea, snoring, and borderline diabetes. I'd rather have him follow in his grandmother's footsteps (in her 90s and still very fit - although her mind is starting to go) than his parents (his dad had his ankles fused to support his weight and his mom is losing her eyesight due to diabetes - I love them both, but these are not health issues I want for me). Anyway, I am very proud of him for waking up early to do the 2 miles before work

This morning I did 30 minutes of step aerobics (fast pace in EA Active). It was fun. I am so happy that I am enjoying my workouts. I need to remember that if I start dreading doing my workouts it means I need to find something new that I will enjoy. I want to be able to stick with this all year long and for years to come and that means I need to make sure I have a good variety and good fun all mixed in. Goals to shoot for also really help me. So I am very proud to say that this is my 20th day of my workout streak and I am well on my way to making this a habit! *grins*

Some quotes a friend sent me:
"Don't sacrifice what you want the MOST for what you want right now."
"Never discourage anyone [including yourself] who continually makes progress, no matter how slow."--Plato [added by me]
"Try not! Do or Do Not, there is no try." ~Yoda
"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
"Every single thing you do is 100% better than doing nothing at all."
"Remember, what you will become rests with what you are willing to do." Unknown Author

No comments:

Post a Comment