Thursday, January 21, 2010

21 day streak!

All the little bits add up

I happily made today day #21 with a 30 minute full body workout *happy dance*

"Have the courage to refuse"
"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
"What am I running from?

I'm running from a size 16, 14, 12...
and a number on the scale, from a lifetime of bad habits
from hating my body
from a family history of depression and obesity
from diabetes
from a genetic predisposition to heart failure.

I run.
I run from the past, from pain
from ten years of smoking, from asthma
from fallen arches
from "too old", from "too late"

I run
I run from feeling trapped, from feeling like a loser,
from past regrets, from things I wish I'd done differently

I run from the back of the pack,
from DNF,
from "you're too slow"
from "you must be crazy"
from "isn't that hard on your knees"

When I run, I run to nowhere in particular.

I run alone,
without fanfare,
without audience,
just me and the pre-dawn darkness
and my footsteps

I know I'm slow
and I run like a girl.

Try and keep up." -Unknown
"Excusitis is curable and reversible."
"Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork."
"A diet is when you have to go to some length to change your width."

No comments:

Post a Comment